Monday, July 18

Hand sewn toy friend

My daughter said that her toy dog, Myrtle Beach, needs a friend.  So, while browsing the craft section at our local Walmart, she picked out a small swatch of fabric.  (Dog print of course, for this canine loving gal!)  She also picked out a small package of little buttons to use for eyes and a nose.
When we got home, I just traced  a small paper template of what we wanted to use on the reverse side of the fabric with a pencil.  I did this twice so that we would have the front and back of the friend.  Next, I cut them out and then pinned them together inside out and hand stitched along the pencil tracing (leave the top or bottom open to stuff with fluff).  After stitching, I turned it right side in, and had little hands stuff to liking.  I had to use the handle of a teaspoon to get the arms and legs just right before stuffing, and then while stuffing.  Once the little guy was just right, I stitched the opening closed and used a hot glue gun to stick on the eyes and nose.  When he was completed, guess what she named him?   Watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Buzz by anytime.